YossiG is looking to hire
Job Title: Interior Designer
Location: Brooklyn, NY
About YossiG: YossiG is an interior design firm in Brooklyn, NY, specializing in a wide range of projects and unique designs to fit the needs of every client. Our projects include commercial, residential, and industrial spaces, ranging from small private houses to commercial buildings with 350 units and more. At YossiG, it’s our passion, innovation, and attention to detail that sets us apart from others to ensure a complete project from start to finish.
Looking for: At YossiG we deeply believe that the “right” people are our greatest asset. We look for smart, creative, and innovative individuals with positive energy and a strong point-of-view. We value teammates who are driven, determined, and don’t take “no” for an
answer. We hire team players; those who collaborate and work efficiently with others.
YossiG is looking for a designer who will add value to both our team and our company. He/She will be designing projects from concept until final presentation, as well as assisting the lead designer with any help needed.
- Assist principal designer through all phases of a project from proposal to delivery.
- Produce construction documents to support design concepts.
- Produce and review project proposals and final specs.
- Help coordinate details of architectural/interior design projects.
- Coordinate with architects and outside consultants throughout all project phases.
- Produce detailed Sketch-Up drawings and 3D renderings with use of Photoshop.
- Close collaboration and communication with the design team, clients, consultants, contractors and vendors
- Assist the company with day-to-day tasks, follow ups, problem solving and client communication.
- Implements and utilizes company Standards for all projects and processes
- Must be able to manage working on a variety of project types and sizes at one time.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Present project aspects within the team and participate in client meetings.
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills of either hand or computer sketching.
- Advanced space planning skills and an interest in programming
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to carry out design intent
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years design experience
- Proficiency in sketchup, AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and rendering programs with strong graphic and digital presentation skills including Photoshop
- Commitment to quality with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current with local and global design industry trends
- Fast-paced work environment with room to grow
- Strong understanding of materials and construction techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects
- Knowledge of interior building codes and standards is a plus
- Sourcing FF&E online and in NYC showrooms.
- Work under pressure, produce deliverables and meet deadlines
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
Hours and Compensation:
- Full time / In office
- Work hours: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Compensation: $45,000 – $60,000 Annually